Do you have a sweet tooth but are looking for a bit of a healthier cookie recipe? You’ve come to the right place.
No dairy butter, no flour. How could these taste any good? Well, let me tell you…they’re pretty tasty considering how many ingredients aren’t in this recipe!
I’ve created a step-by-step below:
1) Prepare your ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet, dark chocolate or peanut butter chips
2) Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients excluding the chocolate or peanut butter chips.
3) Mix these well before adding the chips.
4) Mix the chips in.
5) In your hands, roll balls of dough and place them on baking sheet. You’ll have to put in two batches as you can only fit approximately 6 cookies on the tray. This recipe makes about 8 large cookies or 12 smaller cookies.
6) Bake for 10-11 minutes.
7) Voilà! Your cookies are done. Make sure to let them cool down for 15 minutes so they don’t fall apart.
8) Now go eat a couple and don’t forget to store them in an airtight container. I personally think these are most tasty when they’re warm so I suggest heating them up before eating so the chocolate melts.
Enjoy responsibly, don’t eat all in one sitting : )